- PRESS ROOM
Come join a fast-paced, creative team based in Northern California. We are looking for self-starters who enjoy the freedom and creativity that comes with working in a results-oriented company. Akros Silicon is seeking the world’s best engineers to design and produce the next generation chips that will create new benchmarks in energy efficiency by powering and managing tomorrow’s intelligent appliances.
Akros has two locations in the Silicon Valley area (Sunnyvale, CA and Folsom, CA) and offers very competitive compensation and benefits packet.
If you’re ready for an exciting new career, contact careers@AkrosSilicon.com or call 408-746-9000 x111 for more information. Qualified candidates will be invited to apply for employment.
Current Openings (3) Location - Sunnyvale, CA
Analog IC Design Engineer: Power Management
Analog IC Design Engineer will join our Power Management Integrated Chip (PMIC) development team and design of high-performance analog IC and mixed-signal PMICs that integrate multiple switching regulators including DC/DC converters in one package, thereby simplifying power design by reducing component count, while maintaining high power efficiency and performance. Analog IC Design Engineer will integrate several switching regulators and linear regulators, an analog to digital converter and an I2C interface into a chip. Specifically;
- Prepare technical specifications for Power Management Integrated Chip (PMIC) with knowledge of crucial performance characteristics and fundamental architectures of switching regulators.
- Plan or implement research methodology or procedures to apply principles of electrical theory such as Electromagnetic Field Theory, Computer-Aided Circuit Simulation, Digital Signal Processing System Development, Control Systems, Digital Signal Processing, Estimation, Linear Control Systems, Analog Integrated Circuits, and Semiconductor Physics into engineering projects.
- -Utilize computer-assisted engineering software and equipment to design over-current limit comparator and logic, over voltage and under voltage control logic, gate driver, power MOSFET, PWM Comparator and its control logic, burst mode comparator and its control logic, zero cross comparator, error amplifier, and startup circuit.
- Confer with engineers and management to review and modify linear regulators, IO cells such as ESD diodes and always-on linear regulator, ADC (analog to digital converter) which is utilized in monitoring inductor currents and feedback voltages.
- Find and handle complex integrated circuit problems in the laboratory to assist computing and establishing manufacturing, construction, or installation standards or specifications.
- Interface with layout, test, product and application engineers to successfully bring products from initial concept through release to production for commercial and industrial purposes.
- Coordinate manufacturing activities on CMOS (complementary metal-oxide semiconductor transistor) process to realize transistor level construction.
The applications engineer will evaluate Akros Silicon's power management ICs and assist customers with the designing the solutions into their systems. This includes passive component selection, schematic capture, board layout, and thermal design.
Day to day activities include troubleshooting circuits, board level circuit design, bench testing, and writing technical documentation such as datasheets & application notes.
- Have 3+ years of experience in applications or system engineering with an in-depth knowledge of switch mode power conversion
- Loves to communicate and interact with customers to solve their problems
- High energy, self-motivated, hands on and with ability to mult-task – whatever it takes to get the job done
- Proven record of documenting his/her work and communicating accordingly
- Works well in a team environment to get things accomplished
POWER MANAGEMENT DESIGN ENGINEER:
- Design, development and debug of complex power management sub-blocks
- Accurate scheduling of tasks
- Design verification and debug of complex power management IC’s
- Definition of production test requirements
- Support of the operations group to enable production silicon in an efficient and timely manner
- University degree in Electrical Engineering
- 5 to 10 years of experience specifically in power management design
- Track record of successful production silicon
- Good bench electronic debug/measurement/test skills including work on manual probe stations, familiarity with lab instrumentation such as logic analyzers, spectrum analyzers, scopes, etc
- Strong teamwork abilities are required with clear written and oral communication skills.
- Working knowledge of IC cad design tools
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills
Note to Agencies and Recruiters: Recruiters must enter into a recruiting agreement with Akros Silicon Inc. before providing names or resumes to Akros Silicon. Names or resumes sent to Akros Silicon before an agreement is in place will become the property of Akros Silicon Inc.