GreenEdge™ IEEE802.3af PoE PD Controller with HV Isolation and Quad DC-DC outputs
The AS1824 integrates Akros GreenEdge™ Isolation technology with next generation Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) PD and power conversion technology to deliver groundbreaking power integration, and enable a new range of Digital Power PoE PD capabilities and solutions.
A Type 1 (IEEE® 802.3af) compliant PD is integrated with high-voltage isolation and quad-output digital power DC-DC converters – resulting in a complete PoE & Power management solution in a single device with minimal external components.
In addition to enabling digital PoE power conversion, Akros GreenEdge™ isolation enables direct digital management of isolated Primary GPIO for real time Green Power application capabilities. The AS1824 is available in a 64-pin 9x9 QFN, Reduction of Hazardous Substance (RoHS)-compliant package.
The AS1824 is geared towards use in lower cost sytems that will greatly benefit from the GreenEdge Technology performane, integration, and feature enablement, without the need for advanced software programmability, monitoring and diagnostic features.
- Voice-over-IP (VoIP) phones
- Wireless LAN & WiMAX access points (WAP)
- Pan, Tilt, Zoom (PTZ) Cameras, IP cameras
- Thin-client and notebook computers
- Fiber-to-the-home (FTTH) terminals
- Point-of-sale (PoS) terminals, RFID readers
Digitally Isolated Programmable Power
PoE PD Controller
- Type 1 IEEE® 802.3af Compliant PD
Primary-Side DC-DC Controller
- High-efficiency DC-DC Controller with Digital Optimization
- Primary-Secondary High-voltage integrated Digital Isolation
- Programmable Primary Clock Frequency
- Local-power operation down to 9.5V
Secondary-Side Power Outputs
- Programmable PWM Frequencies synched to External Clock
- Output #1: Sync Controller with programmable power-FET timing for high efficiency at both light and full load
- Outputs #2 & #3: Fully integrated Buck Regulators w/2A FETs
- Output #4: DC-DC Controller for Buck, Boost, or LED Driver
- Hardware programmable start-up power sequencing
- Power-Good management
- Primary GPIO controlled via Secondary GPIO
EMC Compliance and Protection
- Slew-rate-controlled power drivers
- Multi-phased PWM clocking, with External Sync clock option
- Over-current, Under/Over-voltage and Short-circuit Protection
- High-temperature warning and shutdown
- Meets IEC 61000-4-2/3/4/5/6, IEC60747, IEC 60950, DIN EN60747-5-2 (VDE0884), & UL1577 requirements for EMC compliance and basic isolation to 1500 VRMS